Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) has his champion, and we'll see if Oberyn Martell (Pedro Pascal) manages to take down The Mountain on Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8, "The Mountain and the Viper".
What else can we expect from this episode? A closer look at the preview reveals some tantalizing clues about the action when the show returns in two weeks.
1. Theon's ruse. Apparently this is the episode where we'll see Ramsay Snow's (Iwan Rheon) plot involving Theon (Alfie Allen) impersonating himself come to fruition. As we suspected, this is going to be how Ramsay goes about getting Moat Cailin, which (if you recall) was the task Roose Bolton gave him at the beginning of the season.
2. Littlefinger on trial? It looks like Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen) is on trial at :11, presumably as a result of, you know, killing his wife.
3. Will Sansa testify for or against him? "Lord Baelish has told many lies," Sansa says at :11. "I have to tell the truth." That sounds bad for Littlefinger, but we can't discount the possibility that this is a mislead. Perhaps Sansa is learning to play the game, making herself look trustworthy before telling a lie to protect Littlefinger. She's not his biggest fan, but she might feel like he's the only ally she has left...
4. The Wildlings attack Mole's Town. Could this mean the end for Gilly? Is that why Sam is crying at :20? Either way, as Jon Snow points out, that means the Wall is next.
5. Yep, the fight. Given that this episode is called "The Mountain and the Viper," it should come as no surprise that it will involve what's sure to be an epic fight between these fierce competitors.
Check it out yourself here: