Game of Thrones Season 4 Spoilers: Our Most Anticipated Scenes
Game of ThronesSeason 4 is many moons away, but thanks to the A Song of Ice and Fire book series, we have a good idea about what the outline of the season will probably look like. Yes, the show changes things up, but there are some scenes we can't imagine the writers skipping — and others we just hope they won't.
After reflecting on the second half of A Storm of Swords, here are the seven scenes we're most excited to see brought to life on the show.
MAJOR BOOK SPOILERS AHEAD. CLICK AWAY NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW.
7. Hello, Lady Stoneheart. While it's possible the writers will cut Cat's resurrection as the furious, vengeful Lady Stoneheart, we think that would be a major mistake. We don't expect her to get much screentime, but we're really looking forward to seeing Michelle Fairley's take on this eerie character. We hope her introduction, if it happens, will be as dramatic and memorable as it was in the books.
6. Coldhands. Speaking of eerie characters, we also hope the writers keep in Coldhands, Bran's intelligent wight guide beyond the Wall. He's an enigmatic mystery that has the makings of a fascinating screen character based on visuals alone; again, it's his introduction we're most looking forward to.
5. The Wildling attack on the Wall. The show has been building to the Wildings attacking the Wall for seasons. We hope the battle, when it comes, is as harrowing as it is in the books.
4. Jaime's confession to Tyrion. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has proven to be a master at confessional moments, so we really, really hope the writers leverage that next year by keeping in the scene where Jaime confesses the truth about Tysha to Tyrion. Not only is it an important moment for both characters, but we're positive the actors will knock it so far out of the park we'll never find the ball.
3. The "Purple Wedding." We're going to miss Jack Gleeson's spot-on performance when he goes, but that doesn't mean we aren't gleefully anticipating Joffrey's demise at his own wedding (the irony, it is delicious). We expect the Royal Wedding to be overflowing with pomp, circumstance, and a whole lot of schadenfreude when Joffrey finally goes down.
2. Tywin's death. Charles Dance is another actor we'll miss, but who doesn't want to see Tyrion shoot his emotionally abusive father with a crossbow while Tywin sits on the toilet? We hope the show doesn't shy away from showing Tywin's end in all its pathetic glory.
1. Oberyn Martell vs. The Mountain. Oberyn Martell and The Mountain aren't major characters, but this fight is one of the most memorable from the books. It's long, it's brutal, it's emotional, and Tyrion's fate hinges on it. We're hoping the writers, directors, and actors will go all out — we want something to rival Deadwood's unparalleled four plus minute fight to the death.
What scene are you most looking forward to on Season 4? Sound off in the comments below.