1. Where does the Vortex of Doom lead? This is really a whole bundle of questions in one, including pressing matters like: Where did Katherine go? And: What really happens to all of the people on the Other Side when it collapses? But, mostly, we want to know what happens to people when they are sucked into the Vortex of Doom and disappear from the Other Side.
2. Can Tyler be saved? We’re not ready to give up on Tyler completely. Not only does he look like a prisoner in the promo photos for the Season 5 finale, which doesn’t make sense if Julian is in control of the body, but there has to be another Traveler knife hanging around. Somebody ask Nadia!
3. Where are Silas and Tessa? You’d think the witch who freaking created the Other Side might have something to say about its disruption. And does the collapse of the Other Side not have Silas written all over it? He wanted to destroy the supernatural purgatory so he could be reunited with Amara for all eternity. Somebody should go looking for these two.
4. Who are all of these other people in Mystic Falls? Seriously. How is there anyone left living in Mystic Falls?
5. Who will die — and is it really irreversible? There’s been a lot of talk about characters dying for good in the Season 5 finale.
6. What the heck is going on with Delena? We’re just as confused as Elena. We’re so confused we don’t even know what we want from this couple anymore. We used to be all for exploring the epic-ness of their love story. Now, we’re just confused and tired. Give us some answers, show.
7. How does Stefan feel about Caroline? On a related note, what’s up with Steroline? TVD has been teasing a potential romantic development in their relationship for the last half-season. After the last episode, it seems that Caroline is definitely crushing on Stefan, but how does the vampire brooder feel about our Care Bear? Is he finally over Elena enough to consider moving on with someone else?
8. If magic is destroyed, does that mean vampires/werewolves/witches are destroyed? There’s a lot we don’t understand about the Travelers’ plan to eliminate all magic so they can break the spell that keeps them from settling down in one place. (There has to be an easier way, guys.) But a big question we have is: what effect would the elimination of magic have on supernatural creatures. This is a particularly important question because it would affect the goings-on on TVD spin-off The Originals, which operates in the same fictional universe and has recently seen an uptick in hauntings since the disruption on the Other Side.
9. What is Liv and Luke’s story? We still feel like there is so much we don’t know about the wonder twins. Where is the rest of their family and people? How long have they been following the Travelers and what, if any, connection do they have to Markos? We hope we get more context for these two characters. We think they have the potential to play a larger role in Season 6 — that is, if they survive Season 5.
10. What is Bonnie? We’ve always been confused about Bonnie’s status as anchor to the Other Side, but the specifics of her state of being are becoming ever more important as the supernatural purgatory collapses. What exactly is Bonnie, and does she have access to any powers we don’t know about?
What questions do you want answered in the Season 5 finale? Sound off in the comments below!
The Vampire Diaries airs Thursday nights at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.
Kayti Burt is a contributing writer for Wetpaint Entertainment with a penchant for all things pop culture. Follow her on Twitter and Google+!