The Season 4 finale of Pretty Little Liars left fans reeling. Could Ezra really die? Well, the first official sneak peek of Season 5 doesn’t offer very much solace for Ezria fans. When the fifth season picks up, Ezra's (Ian Harding) life is still in the balance. Will he survive the shooting? Will he even revive long enough to tell the Liars who he thinks "A" is? These are the questions the tantalizing first promo of the season ask.
What else does the promo tell us? Quite a bit, actually, so we've taken a shot-by-shot look to see what other clues we can uncover about the new season.
1. Ezra isn't doing well. This should come as a surprise to no one, since he, you know, got shot, but Ezra is in a bad way when the season opens. We see him rushed to a hospital, and a concerned Aria holds his hand at :04.
2. Emily is optimistic. "Once Ezra tells us who 'A' is, this will finally be over," Em says at :05. As if. We know Ezra seemed to think he knew the answer before he got shot, but it will probably end up being another red herring.
3. "It's happening." At :06 someone dressed as "A" types "It's happening" into his or her phone. Is this a message to one or all of the Liars? Communication between "A" members? Either way, we're guessing whatever is "happening" is bad news...
4. Ezra flatlines. At :07 Ezra's heart monitor goes flat and Aria has to scream for help. At :08 there's a shot of someone in "A" black wandering the hospital on a phone. Did "A" interferer to make matters even worse for Ezra?
5. Ali keeping secrets. At :08 we see Emily, Hanna, and Spencer all clearly furious with Ali about something. "No more secrets, Ali!" Hanna declares. Later, we hear Spencer say, "either you trust us, or you don't." What else has Ali kept from her friends?
6. A meeting at Ali's tomb. At :09 we see someone with a flower at Ali's tomb. At :12 we see Mona break that flower — and she's standing with Ali. Talk about a pairing we want to see more of! Did they pick this meeting place (if so, morbid), or did one surprise the other there?
7. "A" vs. Ali. At :10 we see "A" in a street, facing off against Ali. Awesome. Ali actually looks scared, which is a rare thing. We're already counting down the seconds until this scene.
8. So many people in masks! At :15 the Liars are surrounded by people wearing all black with creepy white masks. Eek! We're already hiding under a blanket.
9. Will Ezra spill? Ezra apparently does revive enough to try to tell Aria something, as we see at :17. Does he dish his "A" theory? Is it someone shocking? Is that why Aria looks so surprised at the end of the promo?
Did we miss something? Interpret something wrong? Let us know in the comments below!
Catch the Pretty Little Liars Season 5 premiere on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC Family.