The Walking Dead Season 5 Spoilers: Emily Kinney Spotted on Set — Beth Filming?
UPDATE: This is supposedly a photo of Emily on location. Like any good Bigfoot photo, it's unclear if it's really the subject or not. However, as The Spoiling Dead Fans noted when sharing the pic, "The last time they filmed here she was seen driving out of the hospital. To the left of the picture is a long, blonde haired woman wearing a plaid, long sleeved shirt with a bandage on her right arm. This is said to be Emily."
Although, it sounds like we still can’t say it was definitely Beth who was just seen, but Emily was spotted on set late last week. This is not to be confused with a definite sighting of Beth Greene filming scenes that will actually provide information on where she is … but at least it’s something. It’s a lead (that may head straight to another dead end).
On Friday, July 11, TWD was apparently filming in Griffin, GA. The Spoiling Dead Fans issued a series of updates on who and what seemed to be involved:
• "Along with Norman being on set, some have stated they have seen Emily. We haven't confirmed anyone besides Norman currently."
• They have also brought in a huge tarp and told those on the ground they won't be letting anyone watch tonight."
• "Norman just went into his trailer and Melissa arrive at base camp in a white van."
• "Mr. Grimes is on location rocking his John Deere hat. Emily also just left base camp in a charger."
• "They are filming a car scene in the alley!"
• "It's like déjà vu! There is what appears to be a dark colored, hatchback, dodge magnum on location with a cross in the rear. If everyone remembers correctly. When we broke news about a car chase near the studio involving Daryl and Carol, one of the vehicles was said to be a dark colored or dark blue dodge magnum."
• "Tonight this vehicle is set to ‘crash’ into a fence. There is also a possible second vehicle on location. If so, this could be the vehicle that chased after the dodge magnum in our initial reported awhile back."
• "Well, Norman was standing by the second vehicle. Entered the vehicle and followed the dodge magnum. Here is the dodge magnum with the cross!"That came with this photo.
The car stuff is cool, but confusing since there have been multiple car scenes so far. The car chase they referenced is from back in May. Here is what TSDF wrote at the time:
“A big scene was filmed late last night while Melissa and Norman were in senoia. A chase scene was filmed multiple times involving two vehicles. One had a cross in the back window but it was not the same vehicle that took Beth. With leaves spread over the road the car would speed away. Right after, you would hear a gunshot followed by another vehicle chasing after the other. This was filmed multiple times at different angles.”
So are they now filming a continuation of the car chase? Between car chases, car crashes, people being hit by cars and cars possibly going off bridges, this is starting to sound like The Fast and The Furious: Zombie Apocalypse.
Do you have a theory about how these car spoilers relate to Beth? At this point, we’re just taking everything in and letting it wash over us in one giant wave of confusion.
The Walking Dead Season 5 premieres in October on AMC.