Pretty Little Liars Season 5 Summer Finale Spoilers: 9 Things We Learn From the Sneak Peeks
The Pretty Little Liars Season 5 summer season comes to a close with tomorrow's Season 5, Episode 12 (“Taking This One to the Grave”), and we know this finale is going to be fatal. But beyond the highly promoted death, what else do we have to look forward to when we tune in tomorrow?
The sneak peeks give us some clues, so we've taken a close look to see what they reveal.
1. Ali does answer questions for the cops. Last week, we found out one of the "girls" has gone to the cops ready to tell the "truth" — and since it's not any of the Liars, that means it's Alison (Sasha Pieterse), right? Right. As we see in this sneak peek, she's not only gone to the cops, she's even consented to be hooked up to a lie detector. Is she really going to tell the whole truth, or does she just think she can beat the machine?
2. Is Ali really Ali? This clip ends with Ali stating her "full name" as the music swells to a dramatic crescendo. Is that because her name is, itself, important? Is this a hint that the twin theory has merit? Maybe, but this could also just be the last scene before a commercial, and it could be cutting out before we hear anything important — it would make sense for the show to leave the audience as in the dark about what Ali told the cops as the Liars are.
3. Emily and Ali have a heart-to-heart. In this clip, we see Ali and Emily (Shay Mitchell) apparently having a heart-to-heart, with Ali seeming to want to win Em back. But is it sincere on either side?
4. Emily is distracting Ali. We learn that Em is apparently supposed to be keeping Ali busy while the other Liars do... well, something that they don't want Ali to know about. We wonder what that is, and if it's connected to the hospital break in we see in the next sneak peek.
5. Is Ali "A"? This clip ends with Emily straight out asking Ali if she's "A". We wonder what her response to that will be.
7. Cop alert! It looks like this break-in will lead to a close call, because Holbrook is at Radley, too. Uh-oh....
8. It's almost Christmas! Meanwhile, Emily and Caleb are busy setting up a Christmas display, presumably to help prep us for the Christmas special later this year.
9. Why is Emily so cheerful? In that clip, Em is super cheerful. Why? With everything going on, even the holidays wouldn't seem like enough to cheer the Liars up. Could this be a good sign for her relationship with Paige?
Catch the next episode of Pretty Little Liars on August 26, 2014 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC Family.