Alright, Skins US confession time... We might have picked a favorite among the characters. Hey, don’t get us wrong! We’re huge fans of the whole Skins US cast of characters. But Cadie had us at “I’m not allowed to handle knives.” She is indispensable as the very chill (and possibly insane) Yin to the hard-partying Yangs of Chris, Abbud, and the rest of the Skins kids.
And of course, we love what Britne Oldford brings to the role, which is a very understated presence that at every moment exudes both imbalance and sympathetic likability. We can’t help but root for her. And that Stanley “will they/won’t they” drama? Fuh-get about it! The crazy girl/nerdy guy romance is a classic theme of teen drama, and these guys play that shiz to the hilt!
So if you’re like us and you love Britne Oldford, here are five things you should know about her:
- What is Brit’s fave show (besides Skins, natch)? Turns out she’s into creepy procedural detective dramas and goofy comedies starring action figures. Her favorite television shows are Robot Chicken and Midsomer Murders. Go figure!
- Speaking of cartoons, Pokemon played a fairly important role in Brit’s casting as Cadie. Reportedly, she learned about the audition only the very night before going and relied on her cartoon spirit animal for support. “I was really nervous about going [to audition for Skins]… I wore a Pokemon t-shirt to make sure that I stood out, and now I’m here"
- Brit’s artistic ambitions are no flash in the pan. She is a serious thespian who plans to hone her craft well beyond her role on Skins US. Said Oldford, "I was actually planning on going to theater school or culinary school but this came up so I decided to take a year off." Taking a star turn on a hit TV show? Not a bad “year off!”
- Oh and speaking of ambition? Brit’s a total fan of people who throw themselves into whatever they’re doing. Said the waify TV star, "I just love seeing people love what they do and do it wholeheartedly."
- Alright, we’re not gonna use the words “celebrity crush” here, because Brit herself didn’t. But we will say the actor she most admires has been crush-worthy to many a young fans before her. That’s all we’re saying! Said Oldford, "I… admire Johnny Depp. I love all of his work and I do think that he is incredible."
Source: Global Grind