Game of Thrones fans know Sophie Turner best as gullible and frustrating Sansa Stark, but, much like on the show, there’s a lot going on under the surface. Here are five facts about Sophie that even the most ardent GoT fan might not know.
1. She loves trashy reality shows. Sophie confided to co-star Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell) that she is a “fiend” for the shows Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and Jersey Shore (RIP). Hey, we all have our guilty pleasures.
2. She raps. Technically, she beat boxes on the GoT set for Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon) while he raps. Semantics aside, these two OGs need to release an album NOW.
3. She defends Sansa. Sansa’s antics draw the ire of most fans of GoT, but Sophie is always quick to defend her character’s honor. “It frustrates me when people don't see where I'm coming from,” Sophie says about Sansa, “I'm just very passionate about her.” Well, it looks like Sansa has one very important person in her corner!
4. She’s a natural blonde. In order to play Sansa, Sophie dyes her hair the trademark auburn of a Tully. It’s a good thing she does, too; we can’t have her looking like a Lannister, now can we?
5. She owns a direwolf IRL. In an awesome example of life imitating art, Sophie’s family adopted the dog who played Sansa’s direwolf on the show. If you recall, Sansa’s wolf, Lady, was killed off early in Season 1 at the command of Cersei Lannister. With the dog (real name Zunni) out of work and in need of a new home, the Turner family swooped in and reunited Sansa and Lady, err, Sophie and Zunni. Why doesn’t Sansa ever get happy endings like this in the show?
Sources: Yahoo, Vulture, Rolling Stone, TV Guide, George R.R. Martin's Livejournal