On the Pretty Little Liars Season 4 finale (Season 4 Episode 24, "A Is For Answers") we'll finally get Alison's (Sasha Pieterse) account of what happened the night she disappeared. Thanks to these promo photos, we know that one part of that account will be learning about a meeting Ali had with none other than Ezra (Ian Harding). Because, hey, she saw literally every other person in Rosewood last night, so why wouldn't she have time to squeeze him in?
Why was Ali meeting with Ezra that night? We'll find out soon enough, but until then, let's speculate! Here are out five biggest theories. Read them over, and then share your own thoughts in the comments below!
1. He's the Beach Hottie. We find this the least plausible theory, but it's worth throwing out there: Maybe Ezra really is the one Ali thought got her pregnant, and he's confronting her about that.
2. She went to him for help. Is it possible that Ali actually turned to Ezra for help in her last desperate hours? Is that why he's so obsessed with uncovering her story? Does he feel guilty for failing to help her when he had the chance that night? That would certainly add another layer of complexity to his motivation.
3. He sought her out... To help her. On the other hand, it's possible Ezra's the one who initiated this meeting. Maybe he realized there was something going on and wanted to help. We could see Ali turning down the offer, which might be why he looks pissed in the photos. Again, this could help explain why he later became so obsessed with her case.
4. He sought her out... Because of love. It's also possible that this moment happened simply because Ezra wanted to see Ali because he liked her. Though if that's the case, we have to wonder how it fits in with everything else going down that night.
5. He sought her out... Out of malice. Is it possible that Ezra's motivations were bad all along? Could he have been involved in the NAT club, who definitely had issues with Ali during that time? The writers have said things that suggest this is not the case, but we're never sure we can trust them. Perhaps he was threatening her? Could he be one of the reasons why she's so scared?
What do you think this meeting was about? Let us know in the comments below.
Catch the next episode of Pretty Little Liars on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC Family.