In 2003, Ashton Kutcher donned his trucker hat and started prankin' celebs in the MTV series Punk'd. The series ran for eight seasons at first, with a final, revival season in 2012 — but there's nothing like the original!
Two seasons aired in 2003, and while some of the pranked celebs are giving us some serious feelings of nostalgia, some of these A-listers are still famous today! Read on for our top 5 picks of the first year of Punk'd, and happy April Fools!
Stoned Justin Timberlake Cries: Season 1, Episode 1
The Story: Justin Timberlake cried a river when a pre-fame Dax Shepard, dressed as a generic federal agent, showed up at his house and began repossessing everything. In the process, Dax dissed Justin's house (Justin's buddy: "The house is worth … $8 million" Dax: "An appraiser might disagree"). Ashton fed Dax suggestions the whole time through an earpiece, at one point encouraging Dax to repossess Justin's phone.
Of course, Justin would later get even by impersonating Ashton on Saturday Night Live, but it was still a pretty traumatic experience for him — especially since he'd been smoking pot beforehand. "I actually stopped smoking pot for 9 to 10 months after that," Justin later admitted to Playboy. "I was so stoned."
1. The crushed look on Justin's face when Dax told him that they'd taken away his dogs.
2. When Justin said, "Could you not stomp on my belongings, please?" and Dax responded by stomping on one of the boxes.
3. When Justin called his mom.
Watch Justin Timberlake get punk'd below! His segment starts at 7:45.
Nick Lachey Gets Punk'd By Jessica Simpson: Season 1, Episode 7
The Story: In 2003, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson were newlyweds — and had a show, Newlyweds, to prove it. In a little bit of MTV reality synergy, Jessica teamed up with Ashton to prank her hubby…. by convincing him that distant relatives of hers (again, with Dax Shepard playing one of them) had moved an RV into their backyard after "finding the house on the StarMap." Nick asks them to leave, but the "family members" refuse — unless they get a loan from the power couple.
Ever the detail-oriented pranksters, Ashton and team added another layer to the prank by having a "homeowner's association member" get angry about the RV parked in the couple's backyard.
1. When Nick and Jessica roll up and the "family" has already set up a barbeque in the backyard — which Dax later knocks over, prompting him to demand Nick pay him $60 to replace it.
2. How the fake family keeps calling Nick "Rick."
3. When Dax's fake son asks if Nick is "the Backstreet Boy."
4. When Jessica tells a frustrated Nick, "You're gonna have to fight him."
5.When Nick learned he's been Punk'd and… pats Jessica's butt in response? We have no idea why they broke up...
If you have Hulu Plus, you can watch the whole prank below. Jessica and Nick's segment starts at 6:45.
Nick Carter Gets Reverse-Punk'd: Season 2, Episode 2
The Story: It's a pretty simple premise — Backstreet Boy Nick Carter agrees to help Ashton prank Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee, but really, he is the one getting punk'd. On their way to get Tommy, a member of the Punk'd crew hops up on the hood of Nick's yellow Hummer (Remember when that was a car that people actually drove?) and acts as if he'd been hit. Nick expresses his guilt by swearing at everyone.
1. Nick Carter's impressively terrible outfit — like seriously, the thing is a sight to behold.
2. Ashton's train engineer hat.
3. How it never occurs to Nick that he's getting punk'd, even while repeating "it ain't my f—kin fault" and getting steamed.
If you have Hulu Plus, you can watch the whole thing below. Nick's is first-up!
Lindsay Lohan and the Stolen Limo: Season 2, Episode 8
The Story: Then 17-year-old Lindsay and her assistant were on their way back from an event in a towncar when the driver gets a call that his wife is giving birth — and when he makes a stop, his car gets stolen. The driver then blames the whole incident on LiLo while the three are stranded in a gas station parking lot. It’s glorious.
1. Fresh-faced Lindsay telling the driver "I'm working just like you're working" while he makes fun of her job as an actor.
2. When the driver continues, "Why don't you go back there and stuff the baby back in, and I'll ACT like the baby's coming back out."
3. Possibly Lindsay's first-ever "YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME."
Beyonce Ruins Christmas: Season 2, Episode 8
The Story: Beyonce thinks that she's at a charity event for underprivileged children — but really it's a set-up. When she goes to put the star on the tree ("Homemade from PVC pipe!"), the tree falls over… and Beyonce ruins Christmas.
1. Kaitlin Olson of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia as one of Santa's Helpers.
2. When Santa tries to pitch himself as an actor in a Beyonce video.
3.When a child actually yells, "You're ruining Christmas."
If you have Hulu Plus, watch both Lindsay and Beyonce getting pranked below... and if you don't, watch 'em on MTV's website. Lindsay is up first, and Beyonce is second, starting at about 5:30.
Do you remember these sweet celeb pranks? Share your favorite Punk'd episodes below!