By now we've all heard Emily Maynard's story: The Season 8 Bachelorette and Season 15 Bachelor winner lost her race-car driver fiance, Ricky Hendrick, in a plane crash just days before she learned she was pregnant with their now 6-year-old daughter, Josephine Riddick "Ricki" Hendrick. But here are some other interesting tidbits about the popular Southern belle:
1. According to Factoidz, Emily, now 26, met Ricky when they were in West Keys, Florida, back in 1999. They discovered their parents were building homes next to each other, and the rest was history.
2. Emily and Ricki live in the same Charlotte, North Carolina, home that Emily shared with Ricky.
3. Emily has done a lot of media for NASCAR. She did a podcast for the Speed channel called "Emily on the Scene" and also hosted "Three Wide Life," about all types of racing.
4. When she's not on The Bachelorette, Emily works as an event coordinator at the Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte. The 11-story, 234-bed kid-friendly facility — the largest children's hospital between Atlanta and Washington, D.C. — includes the Ricky Hendrick Centers for Intensive Care, a pediatric intensive-care facility named for Ricky after his father Rick Hendrick and mother Linda Hendrick donated $3 million to the hospital.
5. What's the most romantic city in the United States? To Emily, it's Aspen, Colorado. "As much as I love hot weather, Aspen is very romantic to me because after being outside all day you can sit in front of the fire."
6. Most romantic book? Gone with the Wind.
7. If stranded on a desert island, Emily would bring these three things:
Radio: I love music.
Sunscreen: No wrinkles!
Diet Coke: I drink way too many but can't get through the day without it!
8. Emily can meet a good guy anywhere! Nashville Lifestyles asked back in 2009, "Where do you go in town to meet other interesting singles?" Emily replied, "I actually met a nice guy at Whole Foods the other day." So what does she need The Bachelor for?
9. She's said to have dated another famous driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr.
10. She has two tattoos — one on her wrist and another behind her ear (ouch!). She's also rumored to have had breast implants. Someone named "Sutton" commented on a Hollywood Gossip story on Emily, writing, "Emily was my roommate freshmen year of high school - she is a sweet down to earth girl who deserves nothing but the best. She has gotten a breast augmentation but would never pose in Playboy - he daughter is her life and she would never do anything that would hurt that little girl. I hope she finds true love - no one deserves it more than Em."
11. Where does she spend time by herself? "I love putting on a baseball hat and going to the movies in my pajamas. Other that that, in my bed because I love to sleep."
12. More than anything, she's passionate about her faith. When asked for her motto, she said John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
13. She won't put up with a disrespectful man. When asked about her worst date, Emily said, "Well, I went out with a guy that I thought was a gentleman, but he was completely rude to the waitress. I felt so bad I went back to apologize and gave her a bigger tip just for putting up with him." Asked for deal-breaker traits, she said, "Obviously I wouldn't go out with someone who was disrespectful, but also I’d say no to someone who had nothing to say. Nothing is worse than an awkward silence."
14. What three words would describe her ideal partner? "Funny, laid back, and modest." (Is Brad funny?)
15. What three words would she use to describe herself? "Free spirit, real, and honest."
Sources: Factoidz, Starcasm, Nashville Lifestyles, ABC