The Bachelor Season 16 starts taping tonight. The limos. The meet and greet. The slaps in the face (literally). We'll find out in January how things pan out — or whenever more spoilers are released.
Until then, Ashley Spivey — who ended up getting Brad Womack’s first impression rose on The Bachelor Season 15 — recalls what it was like for her walking up to that mansion just one year ago.
As she writes in her always engaging Say No To Cosmo blog, she was the fourth one out of the limo, so she had already seen Chantal O'Brien slap Brad and decided to go for a sweet and flirty approach.
I had joked with my Mom that I was gonna grab the Bachelor’s butt but after I saw the slap I decided manhandling would definitely be ok! I was proud of myself for not being nervous and it seemed like Brad liked my technique haha!
She says the rest of the night was a blur — perhaps the abundance of wine had something to do with it? — but she here are some of the things she says she remembers most:
• As soon as Emily [Maynard] walked in I told her that she was the prettiest girl there.
• I also told a producer in an interview that I thought Emily would go home because she didn’t talk enough! She was so quiet.
• I remember being really jealous of Keltie [Colleen]’s legs.
• Marissa [May] was trying to get everyone to look at Madison [aka Fang Girl]’s teeth. I didn’t even really notice them till she pointed them out but I just said “Bless her heart, why doesn’t she get them filed down?”
• Brad talked to Shawntel [Newton] twice this night and I thought for sure that she was going to get the first impression rose.
• Michelle [Money] had a big personality and I thought she was one of the most striking people I had ever seen in my life.
• Brad actually started choking while talking to me during our one-on-one time. He had to get up to get some water but eventually came back and we finished our convo.
• I honestly had no idea that I would get the first impression rose - but Ashley [Hebert] gave me the biggest smile when I walked back into the room with the rose and at that moment I knew she would be one of my best friends in the house.
• Brad was insanely nervous that night.
• IT WAS THE LONGEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!
Read on for a lot more INSIDE details from the adorable (and now attached) Ms. Spivey. And to the ladies vying for Ben Flajnik’s heart AS WE WRITE, try out some sage advice from another Season 15 alum here. Just remember to send us an invite to the wedding.
Source: Say No To Cosmo
Need your daily dose of The Bachelor? “Like” us on Facebook! After all, you’d get our final rose.