The Bachelorette is basically a breeding ground for certifiably insane lunatics (and mega studs, we see you too!), all of whom pop out of their limo with hilarious props and stellar pick-up lines. And as we prepare for Desiree Hartsock’s debut as Season 9’s Bachelorette, we thought we’d take a little look-see at some of our favorite past moments.
There have been some truly top-notch musings over the past 8 seasons of The Bachelorette, and we've rounded up the best of the best! Side note: Try not to run for the hills after reading these, because that's where all these dudes are currently lurking.
10. Travis Pope (to Emily Maynard): "This egg is a symbol of two beautiful people –– you and Ricki. Throughout this journey, I will take care of this egg like I'd take care of you and Ricki."
Consider us terrified.
9. William Holman (to Ashley Hebert): "I've had my heart broken before in the past. It's gonna be different this time."
Well, this is ominous.
8. Kyle Higgins (to Ali Fedotowsky): "I spend a lot of time outdoors, and I know there are a lot of fish in the sea. And I really hope I'm the one for you."
Keep in mind that this dude reeled in Ali while fake-fishing. Just saying.
7. Bryan Vandeman (to Jillian Harris): "In football, we're used to knocking people down. But really all I wanna do is sweep you off your feet."
6. Aaron Martell (to Emily Maynard): "I am a high school biology teacher but I'm here to have chemistry with you."
Our ovaries are ready.
5. Greg Matthew (to DeAnna Pappas): "You look like you've been working out a little bit!"
Uhm....is he calling her fat?
4. Jeff Medolla (to Ashley Hebert), while wearing a mask: "I wanted to take my face out of the game. And have you learn a little bit about what's inside.
3. Jesse Beck (to Ali Fedotowsky): "How do you feel about dating a Peculiar man?"
Not good, apparently.
2. Mark Huebner (to Jillian Harris): "What do you like on your pizza?"
Stop everything, this man is perfect.
1. Blaine Twilley (to Deanna Pappas): "You're very sparkly."
Clearly, he was already high from the rose fumes.