1. He’s hooooot: Cosmopolitan magazine “went on a major manhunt to bring you the most datable guys from every state,” and they chose Mickey as Ohio Bachelor 2010. Check out pics of him here, and prepare to agree that Cosmo made a good call.
2. He can cook: As of at least October 2010, Mickey is the chef at The Flying Fig and works the front of the house at Umami Asian Kitchen, both in the Cleveland area. But for a first date he thinks going out to dinner is better than cooking at home.
3. He’s a Yankees fan: In fact, when Cosmo asked for the sexiest thing a girl can wear, Mickey answered, “My Yankees hat.” That could be an issue, since Ashley is from Red Sox Nation. However, the Rochester, New York, native also likes hiking, weightlifting, running, Jet-Skiing, and downhill skiing. His band of choice is the Grateful Dead, and his favorite movie is Goodfellas.
4. He’s, um, adventurous: He told Cosmo the wildest place he’s ever gotten it on was “on a golf course.” Fore!
5. He’s easy to pick up: "Just make eye contact. It's that simple."
6. He scopes out chicks at the supermarket: When grilled for the best places to meet the opposite sex, Mickey told Cleveland’s Metromix, “I think the most common would be out at night, whether it be a club, a bar, or a restaurant. I guess those are the most cliché. But other than that, I think there are plenty of places. I spend a lot of time in grocery stores, and I certainly see a lot of attractive, single women there. [...] People stay pretty active in the warmer months [...] there's a lot of people outside. I don't think it's hard to meet new people.”
7. He’s a nice guy: As for his “type,” Mickey revealed, "I'm laid-back and trusting, so I need a girl who is as well." One thing that baffles him? "Why do many women seem to be attracted to jerks?"
8. He’s a smooth one: Asked if he “manscapes,” Mickey says “Absolutely.” No need to wax him down, à la Brad Womack!
9. He stalks his potential mates online: Cosmo asked, “Do you Facebook a girl before going out with her?” His answer? "Yes, all the time."
10. *SPOILERS* Mickey gets one of the first one-on-one dates of Season 7. On Saturday, March 19, Ashley took Mickey to the Mandalay Bay wave pool in Las Vegas. They enjoyed a private concert from Colbie Caillat, who performed “I Do." Chances are he got a rose.
Sources: Cosmopolitan magazine, Reality Steve, Cleveland.com, Metromix Cleveland
Need your daily dose of The Bachelorette? “Like” us on Facebook! After all, you’d get our final rose.