In the last few years, the next Bachelor has typically been one of the men who had their hearts broken by the most recent Bachelorette. While the obvious choice from Andi Dorfman’s season would seem to be Chris Soules, there has been buzz that casting might break ever so slightly from tradition and bring up The Bachelorette Season 8 hottie Arie Luyendyk Jr. While that might just be idle gossip, here are at least five reasons why we hope the rumors are true.
1. Arie’s exciting. Look, we’re not throwing shade on Farmer Chris. He’s a total sweetheart. But if we have to choose between a quiet rural life in Iowa and the life of a racecar driver’s co-pilot, it’s kind of a no-brainer. We’ll take the life in the fast lane (literally), thanks!
2. He’s a really good kisser. We mean really really good. Remember that kiss he gave Emily in Croatia? Just thinking about it gives us weak knees. Perhaps this will jog your memory?
3. Those eyes. Seriously, in case you don’t remember Arie’s piercing blue eyes, allow us to illustrate:
See what we mean? He even looks good in a mugshot.
4. Great sense of humor. If you’re not following Arie on Twitter, you’re missing out on some real gems, especially on Bachelorette night:
LOL! We love a guy who can make us laugh.
5. Did we mention he’s a really good kisser? We really cannot overstate this point.
What do you think? Is Arie your man, or are you Team Chris?