Jillian Harris’ birthday is perfectly timed for year-end appreciation lists. On that note, here are 5 reasons we love the Season 5 Bachelorette, who will blowing out candles today, Dec. 30.
1. She's an expert on men and their wieners
Hey, don't blame us! Watch this interview where she talks in great detail about "wieners" when demonstrating her now infamous hot dog topping theory. She introduced the theory right away on The Bachelor Season 13 premiere, remember? As she explains:
- Ketchup guys are nice mama's boys who won't cheat on you. But they're kind of boring.
- Sauerkraut guys are the guys Jillian usually fell for before she went on The Bachelorette. They are usually smart, funny, witty, good-looking guys with big personalities... But just like sauerkraut gives you heartburn, these guys break your heart.
- Raw onion guys are kind of like sauerkraut guys, but they are a bit more rough and tumble. Raw onion guys never get married, Jillian says.
- Mustard guys are like Jillian's dad — well-balanced and generous, but he knows when to put his foot down. Sometimes mustard guys are too easy, like ketchup guys, and they get boring. But a mustard guy is a good marrying type.
- Relish guys you can tell a mile away — they are usually funny, creative, emotional and pretty artsy. Maybe they collected comic books and are a bit socially awkward. (But that’s totally hot right now, right?)
2. She has awesome taste
Maybe not in men's attire (she picked Ed Swiderski despite his green shorts), but she’s the official design doyenne of Bachelor Nation. Jillian’s website is filled with fashion, food, and home decor ideas. She re-decorated the San Diego apartment formerly occupied by Season 6 Bachelorette couple Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez. She was also a designer on the soon-to-be-past tense Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. If something needs a style touch-up, she’s the go-to girl.
3. She has the best jobs
Not only did Jillian get to go from The Bachelor to The Bachelorette to Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, she's also hosting Canada's Handyman Challenge, which sounds like a perfect recipe for hot, scruffy, raw onion guys running around wearing tool belts.
4. She's beautiful inside and out
We recently decided Jillian is even prettier now than she was as The Bachelorette. Jillian said it's because she's doing her own makeup now as opposed to what they do for you on the show (like remove Ben Flajnik's moles). But as everyone notes when they talk about her, she's always been beautiful inside and out. She just comes across as a very sweet, genuine, funny, down-to-earth person. It's hard not to love Jilly.
5. She makes single look good
We're constantly trying to set her up with someone — usually Michael Stagliano or her ex-fiance Ed Swiderski, though we even suggested Roberto Martinez at one point — but really, we're just proud of Jillian for setting a good example for single ladies. She's doing her thing up there in Canada — keeping busy with her design and TV gigs, while also living near her parents and putting family first. Like Kelly Clarkson, she knows it doesn't mean you're lonely when you're alone. And we don't even know if she is alone all of the time, since her private life has been kept pretty private. Classy lady, that one.
Happy b-day, Miss Jilly!
Want more Bachelorette goodness? Like us on Facebook!