Shawntel Newton deserves her own chance at love and if she can’t find it as The Bachelorette for Season 8, she should say yes to Bachelor Pad Season 3. Yeah, she already said no to BP2, but this time she’d be The Queen of the Padawans.
Shawntel is a mature, grounded woman but even so, she just naturally ticks off all the necessary Bachelor Pad boxes:
• She’s hot. Yes, Erika Uhlig, she is. She’s gorgeous and your thigh issues are your own.
• She’s not afraid to walk head-first into drama. She’s not a dramatic person at all, but she’s also not the type to burst into tears and flee the scene of a melodrama. She’d be the type to stand up for the sane people … without getting too emotional about it, a la Gia Allemand. (Sorry, Gia!)
• She’s popular in Bachelor Nation. Ben’s crazy witches aside, Shawntel has a lot of friends out there and Bachelor Nation rallied around their girl while watching her go through emotional trauma on The Bachelor Season 16, Episode 3.
• She would clash with Ben’s beauties. Since they seem to HATE her and BP3 is built for drama, they could cast nasty people to clash with her on BP3 and maybe she’d actually have some back-up defending her for a change. Maybe cast Elyse. Or Erika. Or Rachel. Or Courtney Robertson. Or anyone else who was so mean to her.
• She might find The One. Bachelor Pad has a surprisingly successful romance record. Kiptyn Locke and Tenley Molzahn, Blake Julian and Holly Durst … Shawntel could be part of BP3’s success story. Maybe she’d connect with a guy from The Bachelorette Season 8. Or someone from a past season. Kirk DeWindt, are you ready to try again?