Now that The Originals is back from its last Season 1 hiatus, we’re going full-force to the freshman show’s finale on May 13. Tonight’s all-new episode — Season 1, Episode 18 (“The Big Uneasy”) picks up after the peace established by Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and the other faction of New Orleans, with drama inevitably about to rise to the surface.
Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) were on edge during tonight’s episode, and it all seemed to relate back to Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin). It’s no surprise that Elijah has feelings for Hayley, but Klaus definitely has his own motives too. There’s a lot of brotherly discord there, we just hope it doesn’t drive them apart.
Thankfully we had the witches in full celebration mode to not bring the episode to a super dark place, though the festivities didn’t exactly go as planned. Things are getting pretty sticky in New Orleans, but at least we had some real zingers to help us get through the night, right?
Check out the best quotes from tonight’s episode:
1. Klaus: “Enough with all the racket! I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody three-ring circus.”
We wouldn’t want to wake Sleeping Beauty, would we?
2. Klaus: “No child of mine will be born in a swamp.”
He might kill people for fun, but even Klaus has standards.
3. Marcel: “A thousand years of family drama, pride, guilt, envy. All built up like a powder keg. All you have to do is light a match.”
You’re all invited to a Mikaelson family reunion. No smoking allowed.
4. Hayley: “The last month of pregnancy is all hormones and mood swings, so unless you want me to snap your arm like a twig, I suggest you tell me what’s going on.”
Don’t mess with this pregnant chick. Werewolf strength and raging hormones is NOT a good combo.
5. Davina: “My friend Tim is still dead and your brother is still breathing.”
This girl is on fire. Almost literally.
6. Josh: “What, are you kidding? No way I’d miss out on your big day. Besides, music, wind, fire — the club kid in me is, like, in heaven.”
Once a club kid, always a club kid. We love you, Josh.
7. Klaus: “I knew you were tough, I knew you were cunning, but I never knew you were a queen.”
Hayley isn’t only a queen, she’s also your baby mama, dude!
8. Klaus: “Pity. I will miss the sex.”
Genevieve, it was nice while it lasted.
9. Klaus: “Kieran will die because of me, and it will be a horrible death.”
Klaus is taking responsibility for his actions? It must be time for the apocalypse.
10. Monique: “It’s the child. They want us to kill Klaus’ child.”
Who is “they”? Why do they need the baby? Explain yourself, Monique!
What do you think about the quotes from tonight’s all-new episode? Hit the comments and let us know!
The Originals airs Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.