Do you love Secret Life of the American Teenager unconditionally? So do we! But sometimes we scratch out heads and go: “What the whaaaa?” If you ended this episode filled with Secret Life joy, but also some mild confusion about certain teens and their bulging bellies, you’re in luck! We’ve rounded up the biggest WTF moments from last night’s amazeballs episode.
1. Where is Ricky going to college? We know it’s called “Secret” Life, but c’mon. Ricky and Amy couldn’t stop talking about what a great school he’s going to, and it’s like: Um ... guys? We’re here, too ....
2. Is Katelyn the worst guidance counselor in television history? After Katelyn overhears Ricky pressuring Amy into having sex, instead of taking him aside and telling him to back off, she gives him advice about how to get into Amy’s pants. Katelyn might as well have handed Ricky a pack of condoms and given him a high five.
3. Are Nora and Ricky a bit too close? Nora and Ricky have a pretty interesting (read: creepy) mother-son relationship. All they ever talk about is doing the dirty, but last night Nora revealed a little too much about her sexy lady time. Apparently, Nora’s girlfriend “let Nora come to her” which could mean all sorts of things. What? From the way Ricky reacted, we’re not the only ones with dirty minds!
4. OMG, Leo has a team of fact-checkers? We are so scared of Leo lately. He’s totally about to go crazy and put a mob hit on someone. Just in case you doubted us about how made this man is, he’s just come clean about his network of spies. They could be watching you RIGHT NOW.
5. When will the crafting stop? The Secret Life teens are so obsessed with crafting that at this point they’re randomly “decorating” Grant High with their “art.” Adrian’s locker looked like someone ate a bunch of wedding magazines and then threw them up all over the place.
6. Is Betty a comic genius? We think that whole scene with Betty talking about her trashy potato-eating nomad family was hilarious, but you never know with Secret Life. Maybe it was meant to be an emotional moment. A+ for comedic effort, we think?
7. Where did Ben get the $$$ to buy Adrian a diamond and sapphire bracelet? There’s no doubt about it: Ben is the best hubby ever. We love that he got Adrian a beautiful bracelet to match her $50K ring, but where is he getting this extra scrill? We thought Leo had cut him off from his sausage inheritance ....
8. ‘Cause you’re amazing just the way you are? We totes teared during the Secret Life montage scene set to Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are," but in between sniffles we were like, WTF?! We’re so used to Secret Life’s only soundtrack being random jazzy piano notes that we had no idea what to do with ourselves when a real song came on.
9. Are Grace and Grant huge nerds? So, apparently when Grace and Grant aren’t sucking face in front of her family, they spend their nights ... playing chess. Add the word “strip” before “chess” and we’re totally there.
10. It took Ben 45 minutes to make Adrian breakfast? Adrian made Ben get out of bed at 4:30 a.m. to make her a breakfast of eggs and toast, and 45 minutes later he finally re-appeared. Uh, it takes about five min to scramble up some eggs. Maybe Ben stopped by the nearest meadow to hand-pick some flowers?