Do you love Secret Life of the American Teenager unconditionally? So do we! But sometimes we scratch out heads and go: “What the whaaaa?” If you ended this episode filled with Secret Life joy, but also some mild confusion about certain teens and their sexy antics, you’re in luck! We’ve rounded up the biggest WTF moments from last night’s amazeballs episode.
1. Ricky doesn’t want to be in a foursome? Who else laughed hysterically when Ricky told Amy that was worried about being in a foursome with Ben and Adrian? There’s no way the writers didn’t intentionally put that in there knowing it would make us LOL. Ricky, Ben, Adrian and Amy have all done the nasty with each other anyway, so they may as well have one big party.
2. Grace is away on a medical mission? You’d think the Secret Life writers would offer up some kind of explanation for why Grace has booked it off to Zimbabwe on a so-called “medical mission,” but no. We’re just supposed to accept it as a normal thing for a high school cheerleader to do. Who knows what Cookie learned in Med Camp, but apparently she’s qualified to save lives.
3. Does Secret Life exist in an alternate space/time continuum? Amy and Ricky have been “sleeping together” for the past couple of months and Grace has been away on her medical mission (aka sex rehab), yet it’s still not summer. Does Grant High have some endlessly long spring break that we don’t know about?
4. Is Kathleen the most insensitive person ever? So, Rachel’s spilling her guts about being abused by the father of her kiddos, all the while trying not to cry all over her used clothes, and instead of comforting her, Kathleen’s like: “Yeah ... I have to take this phone call. Peace.” Maybe she just doesn’t like thrift shops?
5. Is Grace making it rain all over her cell phone bill? Grace might be in Zimbabwe, but that doesn’t stop her from chatting everyone up like she’s still in the good ol’ US of A. Sexting stops for no one, but last we checked it costs like a million dollars to make a cell phone call from over seas. Guess the Bowmans have even more scrill than we thought!
6. Um, what was that, Baby John? We’re so used to baby John sitting silently “playing with his toys” that we practically fell out of our seats when he showed up in his onesie all, “take me to school b*tchez.” At least we assume that’s what he said. Honestly it sounded like one big, garbled mess, but apparently Ricky and Amy understood ...
7. Are zombies roaming around Grant High? We get that people are interested in Badrian and Ramy dramz, but please: those kids staring and Ricky, Ben and Amy in the hallway were full-on possessed. No one acts like that, not even deranged fan girls at a Justin Bieber concert.