The Season 5 premiere of The Voice 2013 started off without a hitch last night and the competition was fierce!
Coaches Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green, opened up the competition with their amazing rendition of legendary rock song, “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll” by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. After that, the race to build the perfect team was on!
While there were a few misses, the contestants who made it through the blind auditions wowed the judges with their amazing vocal talent and creative musical arrangements.
Here’s what the contestants sang last night. 1. “I’ve Got the Music in Me” by The Kiki Dee Band (performed by Kat Robichaud)
2. “Anything Could Happen” by Ellie Goulding (performed by Caroline Pennell)
3. "You Are So Beautiful” by Joe Cocker (performed by Donna Allen)
4. “Cough Syrup” by Young the Giant (performed by Matthew Schuler)
5. “Hit ‘Em Up Style” by Blu Cantrell (performed by Nic Hawk)
6. “Here For The Party” by Gretchen Wilson (performed by Shelbie Z.)
7. “Too Close” by Alex Clare (performed by Josh Logan)8. "Love Interruption” by Jack White (performed by James Wolpert)
What did you think of last night’s song selections? Tell us below!