James Wolpert wowed everyone with initial blind audition for The Voice by singing Jack White’s “Love Interruption,” and Adam Levine saw enough potential in him to snag him for his team. Not only has he wowed with his voice, week after week, but he’s slowly gotten some – ahem – female attention. The Strasburg, PA, native is quietly sexy, donning his signature specs. But what else do we know about this guy?
1. He may not be in great favor with his family right now, as his bio on NBC notes that he dropped out of Carnegie Mellon University after two years. Still residing in Pittsburgh (where CMU is located), James is “an Apple Store Genius by day and musician by night.” Although his parents might be disappointed in his decision to delay his education, a recent Twitter post about his dad makes us think they’re handling it just fine:
"’The measure of a man is his actions in the face of controversy’ - My Awesome Dad.”
2. He’s everyone’s cheerleader! Have you seen his Twitter feed recently? Most contestants cheer their peers on, but James goes above and beyond, gushing over the performances of his friends (and competition!). He even tweeted his fans to ask for help getting Jacquie Lee to 10,000 fans! Is this some kind of deviously backhanded strategy? Only time will tell!
3. He’s a techno-geek. You not only have to be in order to be an Apple Store Genius, but he also answered many techie questions when he recently opened up a Q & A session on Twitter.He shared his penchant for Xbox 360 (but with a PS3 console), Photoshop, and “iOS FTW.” In other words, we have no idea what he’s talking about but apparently he does.
4. Some singers are dedicated but not enough so that they will make the move to LA to make it big. James recently relocatd to Tinsel Town to pursue his music career and, as it states on his NBC bio, he’s “hoping The Voice will jumpstart his career.” We think it just might!
5. He took to Twitter to list his favorite albums, which are: Blunderbuss, Get Behind Me Satan, Silver Wilkinson, Lonerism, Houses Of The Holy, Queen Greatest Hits. As for his fave artist, he names Freddie Mercury of Queen (R.I.P.).
Is James one of your faves? Why or why not? Weigh in below!