American Idol was once on an island all its known but, as the years have gone on, more and more shows of its ilk have crept up on TV. Perhaps none have quite been the ratings juggernaut that Idol once was, but The Voice has certainly given it a run for its money. And, after tonight’s episode of The Voice, NBC’s The Sing-Off returns for its fourth season. We think it’s worth your time, and here are five reasons why you should watch:
1. Because you will get to use your favorite term –– “Aca scuse me” –– to no end. This is a show about acapella groups, after all. You’re welcome.
2. Speaking of #1, you just never know if this show will land the adorable Anna Kendrick or the equally adorbs Anna Camp for a live performance. Past guest performers are no one to sniff it: the list includes such big names as Natasha Bedingfield, Sara Bareilles (a former judge), Neil Diamond, Smokey Robinson, and more.
3. Jewel is the coolest. Not only does she refuse to submit to Hollywood’s pressure to fix her snaggle-tooth, but she’s an amazing talent. The show is lucky to have her as a judge!
4. Glee is on hiatus, yo! If you want to get your fix of raging hormones, impressive harmonies, and synchronized dance moves, you’ll just have to get it here.
5. If you watched NBC’s preview, you know there is some serious talent here, folks. Acapella might not be everyone’s thing but there’s no denying these groups have serious aca skills. Besides, you need something to replace the recent and painful memory that was A Sound Of Music Live. Ouch.
Are you planning on tuning in for tonight’s episode of The Sing-Off? Let us know in the comments!