As The Voice Season 4 prepares to hit our small screens on Monday, March 25, 2013, we’re taking this time to reflect on the great talent from Season 3.
Ultimately, Team Blake’s Cassadee Pope received the much-deserved top prize, but along the way there were plenty of worthy contenders.
If we could have them all back, we would, but here are the top six contestants from Season 3 we’d like to see again in Season 4!
6) Jordan Pruitt: This former Disney recording artist lost to Adriana Louise during the Team Christina battle rounds. But her youthful sound and music industry savvy could have made her a great asset to the team.
5) Joe Kirkland: This pop punk former lead singer had an infectious attitude and sounded just like some of our favorite bands from the late ‘90s. His creative cover of Taylor Swift’s “Mean” earned him a spot in our hearts, but coach Adam Levine decided he was no match for fedora-wearing Bryan Keith.
4) Michaela Paige: This mohawked teen had a powerful voice we won’t soon forget. Her cover of “Everybody Talks” by the Neon Trees was one of our favorite Season 3 performances, but she fell short when singing a lesser-known P!nk tune. Don’t just pick songs by artists with similar hairstyles, Mich!
3) Nicole Nelson: This earthy hippie had a purity to her voice that gave us chills. It was clear she truly loved music and came from a very sincere place. She was eliminated in a shocking knockout round against former wedding singer Loren Allred, but Nicole definitely deserved a spot in the competition.
2) Avery Wilson: This R&B triple threat was practically a child prodigy. Unfortunately, Cee Lo made the tough (but fair) decision to advance Cody Belew after Avery chose the wrong song in a knockout round. But now that Usher is a coach, we’d like to see this contestant come back to impress his idol.
1) De’Borah Garner: When Christina Aguilera opted to advance Adriana Louise over this fan-favorite, America went crazy. No only did De’Borah’s style and confidence really stand out last season, but her sound and tendency to froggie hop across the stage had us hooked from the start.
Who would you like to see come back this season? Tell us below!