The first night of The Voice Season 4 battles rounds left us with sheer amazement. While there’s always going to be one winner (noted with an *) and one loser, the “steal” option saved a couple singers (marked with **) from going home. With powerful songs in a variety of genres including country, funk, and soul, the contestants were pushed to the limit in epic battles to determine who stays and who goes.
Here’s what the contestants battled to last night:
1. “Try” by P!nk (performed by Amber Carrington* and Sasha Allen**)
2. “How You Like Me Now?” by The Heavy (performed by Garrett Gardner* and J’Sun)
3. “Blown Away” by Carrie Underwood (performed by Holly Tucker* and Michelle Raitzin)
4. “You Know I’m No Good” by Amy Winehouse (performed by Jess Kellner* and Taylor Beckham**)
5. “Won’t Back Down” by Tom Petty (performed by Christian Porter and The Swon Brothers*)
6. “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World” by James Brown (performed by Judith Hill* and Karina Iglesias**)
What did you think of last night’s song choices? Tell us below!