Golden Globes 2014: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s Best Moments
America's favorite BFFs, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, were front and center as the hosts of the 2014 Golden Globes and, unsurprisingly, they brought the laughs, big time. Let's be real — these two funny ladies could have gotten on stage without any jokes prepared, and they still would have been funnier than most awards show hosts. They're that awesome.
If you missed the show, or just want to relive the most LOL moments of the night, we've got your back with their five funniest quotes and moments of the night.
1. On Gravity: "It's the story of how George Clooney would rather float off into space and die then spend one more minute with a woman his own age."
2. On Matthew Mcconaughey: "For his role in Dallas Buyers Club he lost 45 pounds, or what actresses call 'being in a movie.'"
3. Calling out Julia Louis-Dreyfus. The pair joked that Julia Louis-Dreyfus, who was nominated in both TV and film categories, was too cool for them now. Julia played along by puffing on an e-cigarette like a boss.
The best part? The follow up later in the show, when Tina and Amy noted that Julia had "slithered back over to the TV section," where she chowed down on a hotdog.
4. On Matt Damon: "Matt, on any other night, in any other room, you would be a big deal. But tonight — and don't take this the wrong way — you're basically a garbage person."
5. The Taylor Swift dig. After Amy Poehler won the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a TV Series, Comedy or Musical, Tina Fey congratulated her and joked that there's a "special place in hell for you" — which is almost certainly a reference to the time Taylor Swift said the same thing the comedy duo because they joked about her love life. Oh, snap.
What was your favorite Tina and Amy moment? Let us know in the comments below!
Rebecca Martin is an Associate Editor at Wetpaint Entertainment and our resident Game of Thrones, Pretty Little Liars, and genre TV expert. Follow her on Twitter and Google+!