Top 5 OMG Moments from Gossip Girl, Episode 4.5: “Goodbye, Columbia”
OMG STD. Does Serena have the clap? Or the herp, or something worse? This week the gossip going viral was all about who was viral. Our top five plot twists were all infectiously gossip-worthy — or just plain infectious.
5. Gossip Girl’s STD blast Frankly, we didn’t think this was as shocking as the characters seemed to. No offense, Serena, but why do you expect the world to know you’ve been wrongfully accused? Are you really so sure that, say, Trip Van Der Bilt was squeaky clean? Or free-loving hipster Aaron? Juliet’s text was mean, but if it inspired the gang to get tested, well, honestly, we think that’s a good idea.
4. Serena gets set up Honestly, if the dean and the professor fell for Juliet’s fake email, they are way too stupid to be running an Ivy. Number one, it’s only the second week of the semester, right? If things are going that badly S could just drop the class instead of dropping her panties. And number two, if she didwant to cheat, why would she try to buy grades with sex? She is a gazillionaire. She could buy grades with money.
3. Vanessa takes the fall Poor Vanessa. After years of valiantly trying to stay friendly with Serena, with whom she has exactly nothing in common, V is suddenly the target of all Serena’s scorn for a crime she didn’t commit. And to make matters worse, Dan is siding with the Upper East Siders on this one. But at the end, when she tells Juliet she’d better protect herself? Chills. We’ve never really seen Vanessa get her full-out Mean Girl on, and we can’t wait to see if she’s a Blair-level schemer or a Jennyesque also-ran.
2. Vanessa and Dan break up Well, that was fast. But we suppose it was fitting that V and D broke up in an episode that was all about VD.
1. Chuck gets Jenny an interview at Parsons Wow. When Chuck said he planned to take Blair down, we believed him... but we didn’t think he’d go this far. Getting Jenny an interview with Tim Gunn isn’t the most dastardly move he could have made, but involving her at all means he’s serious about not wanting Blair back (for now, at least). Let the Chuck-Blair games begin for real. Oh, and PS: Tim Gunn! Tim Gunn! Tim Gunn! The next episode is going to rock.