Check out Wetpaint’s list of 10 things you need to know about the behind-the-scenes life of our favorite sexed-up bloodsucker.
1. She’s a smokin’ gun! Kristin had an idyllic childhood growing up in Wisconsin, where she rode horses and shot guns with her pop.
“I grew up with horses and chickens and places in northern Wisconsin to visit like a farm, and a cabin on a lake,” she wrote on her official site, KristinBauer.com. Places of astounding natural beauty. I feel so lucky. I truly love this Earth.”
Save our planet (from Russell Edgington)!
2. She’s a talented artist. Kristin studied fine arts before she became a lesbian blood sucker, and she still finds time to draw and paint in between her busy True Blood schedule.
She even does commissioned portraits: “I have kept it up out of pleasure and also a needed sanctuary from the harder parts of life.”
Click here if you’re interested in buying an amazing portrait of Alexander Skarsgard. Yes, you read that right.
3. She’s a seasoned actress! Kristin might have made a huge name for herself as Pam on True Blood, but she’s no stranger to the small (and big) screen. She’s made appearances in LA Law, Dark Angel, Two and a Half Men, Star Trek: Enterprise, CSI, Desperate Housewives, Bones, Secret Life and Crossing Jordan.
4. She’s married to a hunky musician! Kristin and her South African husband Abri van Straten are the cutest couple ever (other than Jessica and Hoyt). Plus, they have an amazing love story! Kristin saw Abri’s CD at her nutritionist's and decided she’d write him an email. Or three.
After he ignored her for a few weeks, Abri caved in and they met for lunch. The rest is history.
“I was past being embarrassed or having some normal sense of decorum,” she told Entertainment Weekly. We met and just talked and talked and talked and talked. For three weeks, we just talked all day. Within a few months, we were engaged, and within about six and a half months, married.”
See how far some good old-fashioned stalking can get you?
5. She rescues animals! Kristin loves herself some adorable puppies. She owns several rescued dogs, and works with many animal rights charity organizations, including PETA.
In 2011, Kristin teamed with the Animal Legal Defense Fund to free Tony, a Siberian-Bengal tiger who’s spend spent his whole life in captivity at the Tiger Truck Stop in Louisiana.
Louisiana, huh? Ten to one that cat is a shapeshifter.
6. She’s a vegetarian! Makes sense given the fact that rescuing animals is her hobby. Pam would be so dissapointed. Don’t worry, Kristin gets plenty of iron when she’s munching on other ladies’ upper thighs. Yum!
7. She got naked in Dancing at the Blue Iguana! In the movie, Kristin played a porn star at a L.A. strip club and danced the night away in her birthday suit. “Nudity in a still photo is one thing but when you are moving that is a whole other ball game,” she confessed in a MovieMikes.com interview.
"When you are not controlling the lighting, that is yet another ball game. The strip number was bright and it was very intimidating. I can’t say that movie was fun but I am glad I did it. It was nerve-wreaking.”
Who just added this flick to their Netflix queue?
8. Her Swedish on True Blood is totally fake. Wow, Kristin had us fooled with this one. She sounds just as legit as Eric when she’s busting out her Viking. Turns out the lines are written in English and translated by Alexander Skarsgard!
“I just have to memorize consecutive sounds, so for me it's just gibberish. I have no idea what I'm saying!” Kristin confessed to AfterEllen. “I'm just trusting that Alex isn't messing with me.”
Imagine all the hilarious things he could get her to say? “I have man hands” would be at the top of our list!
9. She has man-hands! Kristin is a Seinfeld legend. She played Gillian, Jerry’s beautiful girlfriend with a set of manly paws in, “The Bizzaro Jerry.” Who can forget the way she ripped apart that lobster?
Kristin told PopEater, “It was so fun working with Jerry ... and for the record, I don't have man hands." Yes, but you do have vamp fangs, right?
10. She works hard to stay slim. We’re always wondering what celeb’s secrets are to staying skinny. In Kristin’s case, it doesn’t come naturally: "The other day I realized as long as I'm in this business, I'm going to be hungry. The camera really does add 10 pounds. I'm trying to stay under the weight I want to look like on TV. It's a good incentive to stay slim and is probably adding years to my life."
We think Kristin looks amazing, but she’d look just as good with a few veggie burgers in her system!