You Asked, We Answered!
Are you such a hardcore Truebie that you feel the need to troll around the perimeters of the set in the hopes of sneaking a peek at Alexander Skarsgard naked? Then this article is for you.
True Blood is mostly filmed on location in Louisiana, but some interior shots are filmed in sunny California! Check out a breakdown of where some of True Blood’s most recognizable locations are shot!
1. Fangtasia: Many interior Fangtasia scenes have been filmed at Alex’s Bar at 2913 E. Anaheim St. in Long Beach, Calif. Well, now you know what your weekend plans are!
2. Merlotte’s: Exterior shots of Merlotte’s are filmed at Warner Bros studio in a back lot called “The Jungle.” Want to see it in person? Book yourself a tour of the studio! Merlotte’s interior was created by True Blood’s set designer Suzuki Ingerslev and is located in a studio called “The Lot,” at 1041 N. Formosa Ave, in Hollywood, Calif.
3. Bill’s house: The exterior shots of Bill’s house were originally filmed at Roseneath Plantation near Shreveport, Louisiana. Unfortunately, the plantation is not open to public, and is no longer used in filming. The producers of True Blood had a replica of the mansion built in the Santa Monica Mountains, south of The Malibu Creek Ranch.
4. Sookie’s house and Bon Temps’ graveyard: Both are located in he Santa Monica Mountains and are used exclusively for outdoor filming. The interior of Sookie’s house (as well as a replica of her front porch) is filmed at “The Lot,” along with Merlotte’s.
5. The Fellowship of The Sun: The SkyRose Chapel in Rose Hills Memorial Park (Whittier, Calif.) was used to film the scenes at the Fellowship. Creepy!
For an even more extensive list of True Blood’s filming locations, click here!
Source: Seeing Stars