During this Thursday’s Reign, Mary will finally choose between her two suitors, Francis and Bash... in the most permanent way possible. The future Queen of Scotland and France (and, hey, possibly even England) will tie the knot before the episode is done.
The March 6 installment is Season 1, Episode 13: “The Consummation,” and yes, we will get to watch the intimate act before the night is up. Wetpaint Entertainment had the chance to watch the episode beforehand, and while we won’t reveal the identity of the groom — and ruin the huge surprise? Never! — we have collected some very spoiler-y teasers for what you can expect.
1. Mary will pick between Francis and Bash. She will marry one of them before the episode is up. But the decision won’t be entirely her own. Her mother shows up unexpectedly in court toward the beginning of the episode, and her opinion on which man Mary should wed carries some pretty strong weight.
2. Her marriage will have very permanent consequences that will forever change the lives of both Bash and Francis. Both of their destinies will shift as a result of Mary’s choice.
3. Expect no less than three huge twists before the night is up. Included among them: One character we’ve assumed dead turns out to be very much alive. (Think carefully. A lot of people have died so far this season.)
4. Though Mary loves her mother, the two do not have the best relationship. Don’t expect to see them hugging it out or braiding each other’s hair by the fire.
5. That much-hyped consummation? You'll get to watch the whole thing. As will Mary’s ladies-in-waiting. And one really unexpected character.
Reign Season 1, Episode 13: “The Consummation” airs on Thursday, March 6, at 9 p.m. on The CW