Vampire Diaries Logic Fails For Season 4, Episode 2, “Memorial”
The Vampire Diaries is a show where witches can bring people back from the dead, vampires kiss humans instead of ripping their throats out, and werewolves have silky smooth chests when they haven’t transformed. And we accept all of this without blinking an eye. Yet it’s the little things that make us scoff and say, “That would never happen.” Check out the biggest logic fails from Season 4, Episode 2, “Memorial.”
1. Doesn’t Tyler feel a little icky? We’ve never been possessed, but if someone jumped inside our body, we’d need a little time to ourselves after they got the heck out. But Tyler (Michael Trevino) was totally up for a roll in the sheets with Caroline (Candice Accola) right after Klaus (Joseph Morgan) vacated the premises. Do you think she told him about the woods’ makeout session she had with the OV? More importantly, has Mayor Lockwood stopped shooting Caroline with vervain darts every time she sleeps over at the mansion? Because you know she heard them hooking up, even without sensitive vamp hearing.
2. Way to cover up Sheriff Forbes goes to all the trouble of orchestrating a faulty gas line alibi for Pastor Young’s blow-up boo boo, then leaves all the evidence for a nosy Nelly like Connor Jordan (Todd Williams) to find? Her guys also failed to fully explore the oven (aka, the source of the explosion) and find the pastor’s note to April (Grace Phipps)? Oh, Sheriff. The Town Council was right to take your badge.
3. Is Elena weak or strong? We got some mixed messages from Stefan (Paul Wesley) regarding Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) condition. First, she’d “crumble” if she killed someone while feeding, yet when advocating for the bunny diet, his argument is “she’s strong” and can stay on the wagon. One thing’s for sure: Elena’s stomach is a delicate flower. Maybe doppelganger Katherine (Nina Dobrev) went through the same thing?
4. What a beautiful service Let’s hope Elena gets a chance to modify April’s memory again before the new girl picks up a newspaper. The Mystic Falls Courier probably won’t read, “A Lovely Time Was Had by All at the Town Council’s Memorial,” as the new vampire suggested when compelling her former babysitting charge to forget all about the nasty man with the ropes and sniper rifle.
5. Isn’t everyone on a “need to know” basis by now? Poor Jer and Matt (Zach Roerig) were so out of the loop when Connor fired a bullet at Tyler during the service. Wouldn’t a simple, “Hey guys, just a heads up: There’s a mysterious, deadly hunter in town with lots of weapons and fingerless black gloves” be a sufficient warning to the humans? They already know about the vampires; it’s OK to cc them on important emails about deadly threats now, too.
Need your daily Vampire Diaries fix? Like us on ourFacebook page, or follow us onTwitter!