A little over two years ago, Joseph Morgan (Klaus) swept into our Vampire Diaries lives, and we’ve been a little off-kilter ever since. The British actor turns 32 today, May 16, and he’s about to headline his own show, The Originals. In honor of his big day, we wanted to wish him a happy birthday and list 10 out of the many reasons we love him.
10. He’s a hot guy… with an accent. Are we shallow? Yes. But with someone this good looking, we don’t really care. Besides, we don’t love him just for his blue-green eyes and Welsh accent…
9. Let me call you sweetheart. Since we’re kind of Klaus obsessed at the moment, we truly adore the way Joseph stays in character via Twitter: “Love is a vampires greatest weakness, but you knew that already, didn't you my sweethearts ;)” Sigh.
8. He scares us. Yes, Klaus is scary, but J.Morg’s other projects are equally chilling. The upcoming Open Grave looks nightmare-inducing, indeed. Don’t even get us started on Warhouse…
7. Excuse me, Mr. Morgan? If he weren’t an actor, JoMo would be a teacher. We melt.
6. He’s a leading man: As we mentioned, Joseph is about to star in his own CW show, The Vampire Diaries spin-off, The Originals. If anyone can pull it off, it’s him.
5. Well researched. A lore-heavy show like TVD doesn’t require its actors to be vampire experts, but Joseph has proven that it certainly helps. Want his list of favorite vampire books and movies? Click here and here.
4. Legit artist. Sure, Klaus’s pony picture was pretty, but Joseph is a true artist himself. Look at some of the work he tweeted here.
3. He loves his mama. And that’s just sweet. Watch him gush about her here.
2. A gentleman and a scholar. Dude started a Twitter book club. You can follow his progress at #bookrevolution. The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes is now on our summer reading list.
1. Awesome cause. We love a cutie with a cause, and Joseph is certainly no exception. He is using his birthday to spread the word about his favorite charity, Positive Women, which works to empower women in Swaziland. Want to contribute? Click here to make a donation. Way to bring awareness, Joseph!