1. His famous family: Don’t get us wrong, there are many reasons to love this sexy guy, but we do think it’s pretty cool he has the same name as his uber-successful actor grandfather, Steve McQueen. Even cooler? He carved his own path. Add to that the fact that his step-father is Luc Robitaille, a retired NHL hockey star, and Steven is swimming in awesome family ties.
2. His resilience: Like his character, who has seen enough drama and death for ten people his age, Steven hasn’t exactly lived a picturesque life. He’s openly admitted he’s in AA and struggles with addiction and other problems. But look where he is now! That, ladies, is impressive. And sexy.
3. His acting: Steven sometimes improvises (Remember that first near-kiss between Bonnie and Jeremy? Totes unscripted!) — something not all actors can pull off. He may “have a couple of screws loose upstairs” (his words, not ours!), but he’s able to channel that passion into everything he does.
4. Music man: Did you know musical ability runs in Steven’s family? His little brother, Jessarae, is launching his music career — with the help of the guitar-playing TVD star. Check out the video below of Steven’s impromptu singing and strumming. We dare you not to swoon.
5. His dayum good looks: You didn’t think we could make a list like this and not mention how freakishly adorable Steven is, did you? Good. ‘Cause he is. We love the shaggy brown mop; the dark, puppy dog eyes; the whole “brooding” boy swagger. Hot.
What melts your heart about Steven R. McQueen? Show some love for the birthday boy below!