So far, the Vampire Diaries Season 4 has not disappointed us in any way. Honestly, how could a hot new vampire hunter, an even hotter new professor, and the hottest Delena sex disappoint us? And that’s not even mentioning the many twists we’ve already experienced (and the flashbacks): The brotherhood of the five, Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) sire bond, Hayley's (Phoebe Tonkin) appearance, April's (Grace Phipps) arrival and everything having to do with Klaroline.
But what will the rest of the season hold for us? We can make no promises, but we’ve got some pretty good guesses:
1) Elena will reunite with Stefan, and then they’ll break up again: Now that the sire bond is supposedly less of an issue, Elena will finally get to take a second and realize what she’s done. We’re not sailing a specific ship here, but let’s just look at this logistically: When given ample time to come to a decision between brothers, she chose Stefan (Paul Wesley). And she’s only said those three little words to the youngest Salvatore. However, her love for Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is by no means a fad, which is why we’re betting Stelena won’t last. That, or this new “greater evil” could always come between them.
2) There is actually no cure for vampirism: If Esther created vampirism, she would know how to cure it, right? So why did her plan to turn the originals human again involve blood-linking and human sacrifice if it were really as simple as finding this Silas guy? And isn’t Silas older than Esther? So either she didn’t create vampirism, or this “cure” is more of a distant hope than a sure thing.
3) Hayley Will Die: Female wolves don’t tend to last long in Mystic Falls, and based on the fact that Hayley isn’t incredibly popular with Professor Shane (David Alpay), Klaus (Joseph Morgan) OR Tyler (Michael Trevino) right now, her odds aren’t looking good.
4) April Will Help Bring About the Fall of Professor Shane: Could April actually serve a purpose other than to drool over Matt (Zach Roerig) and un-dagger Rebekah (Claire Holt)? She did help make the connection between her father and Shane. Plus, can you name a time when TVD introduced a new character just for the fun of it? We’re betting April has everything to do with Shane’s scheme and could even help our favorite vamps destroy it.
5) Bonnie and Jeremy will rekindle their flame: If Bonnie (Kat Graham) thought he was hot before he was a muscly, wife beater-wearing hunter, we can only imagine how she sees Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) now. The supernatural does those Gilbert kids all kinds of good!
Oh, and our final prediction: Klaus will kill someone… shocking, we know.
Samantha Highfill is a contributing writer to Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter at @samhighfill.