The kits are now available for pre-order, and expected to arrive in March and April. So just hope the zombie apocalypse doesn't start before then.
The first 10,000 pre-orders get priority status and an exclusive The Walking Dead "We're Survivors" patch. Go ahead and wear that to school or work — anyone who gives you a solemn not instead of laughing or rolling their eyes is someone to contact right away when the real ish hits the fan.
The kit is said to include enough emergency supplies for two people to survive 72 hours. (If you haven't already done so, maybe go ahead and take AMC's How Long Would You Survive in a Zombie Apocalypse Quiz? to see how long you're expected to last through the bad times.)
Here's what the kit includes:
• High end military style messenger bag with brass fittings and custom The Walking Dead Logo
• 1 - Daytrex 2400 Calorie Emergency Food Ration. Stays fresh for up to 5 years
• 12 - Daytrex 4.22 oz packs of Emergency Water. Stays fresh for up to 5 years
• 1 - Premium Lifeline First Aid kit, 85 Pieces
• 1 - Lifegear Glow LED Flashlight. Lasts up to 400 hours
• 2 - Emergency Mylar Space Blankets
• 2 - Emergency Ponchos for Severe Weather
• 1 - Leather Palm Work Gloves for moving debris
• 1 - Waterproof match booklet (where permitted)
• 4 - Procedural Face Masks
This puppy ain't cheap. It's $129.99. It's possible you could just assemble some of this stuff on your own — that's what Daryl would do — but this is the "official" kit, which is much cooler than just getting your own flashlight from Wal-Mart. And that messenger bag is awesome.
Head here for more details and to pre-order. Are you getting one? Do you want someone else to pony up the money for you? Go ahead and share this on Facebook if you want your family members to take the hint.
The Walking Dead Season 4 returns with Episode 9 on Sunday, February 9 at 9 p.m. ET on AMC.