What Happens in the Knockout Rounds on The Voice Season 3?
This season of The Voice is all about crazy, new elements like the “steal” in the battle rounds and next week’s addition of the knockout round. But since we’ve come to know the old format of the show, we had no idea what to expect on Monday.
Thanks to the Hollywood Reporter, we now have a comprehensive look at what happens in the knockout rounds. Here’s what to expect:
1) At the start of the knockout round, each team has 10 remaining contestants, with a total of 40 contestants left on the show.
2) Contestants pick their own songs for this round.
3) Each contestant is then paired up with a member of his or her own team.
4) One contestant sits on the side of the stage while the other sings the song, and when the performance ends, they switch.
5) Though they’re singing different songs, the two contestants are judged against one another.
6) Whoever is declared the victor by their coach advances, and whoever loses is sent home. There are no “steals” in this phase of the competition.
7) At the end of the knockout rounds, each coach’s team will be cut in half with a total of 20 contestants remaining in the competition and moving onto the live shows.
The knockout rounds will air on Monday, Oct. 29 from 8-10 p.m. ET and on Tuesday, Oct. 30 from 8-10 p.m. ET on NBC. That’s four full hours of knockout round goodness!
Are you excited for this new round of the competition? Weigh in below!