Going through The Walking Dead withdrawals between seasons? Never fear. You can still catch up with your favorite stars at conventions, appearances or (if you're lucky) around the Atlanta area.
Season 5 just started filming in the first week of May in Atlanta and Senoia, GA. You can't just walk onto the set at Raleigh Studios or at Terminus, but fans have been hanging out in the area, getting pics with the cast as they head off set.
Other fans have been connecting with the cast at the Woodbury Shoppe in Senoia, which sells all kinds of TWD products. The actors frequently visit the shop (see this pic from May 4, with Steven Yeun and Alanna Masterson), and in December Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon) talked about how much he was looking forward to returning there. According to the Judith Grimes Fan Page, the twins who play baby Judith were at the Woodbury Shoppe in March, and they are set to return on June 8.
But if you’re not in the Georgia area, or just want more of a sure bet to be able to meet the cast, you can head to one of the many conventions. Current and past TWD stars go to events all year round, and Daily Dead is always updating its list of who will be where when. Here’s the lineup for the rest of May 2014:
• Dallas Comic Con, May 16-18, with guests David Morrissey, Michael Rooker, Emily Kinney, Denise Crosby.
• Motor City Comic Con, May 16 – 18 in Detroit, featuring Jon Bernthal, Scott Wilson, Jane McNeill, Josh Stewart.
• Puerto Rico Comic Con, May 24-25, featuring Michael Rooker.
• Wizard World Atlanta, May 30 – June 1, with Norman Reedus, Jon Bernthal, Michael Rooker, Lauren Cohan.
• Spooky Empire’s May-Hem, May 30 – June 1 in Orlando, with Laurie Holden.
There are more dates in June and beyond, so check them out here. Vincent M. Ward (Oscar) also just posted that he’ll be at the Tulsa Comic Expo this weekend, May 9-11, in Oklahoma.
Good luck meeting your favorite stars!
The Walking Dead Season 5 premieres in October on AMC.
Sources: Daily Dead, Judith Grimes Fan Page, Woodbury Shoppe