5. Wesley Fitzgerald Why he might be “A”: Now that Ezria has split up, it’s possible this was Wesley’s (Gregg Sulkin) reason all along for mentioning Maggie to Aria (Lucy Hale). Perhaps Wesley isn’t the main “A,” but the story we heard earlier this season about Wesley being the one who had the right to sell their grandfather’s car made us worry that he could be a bit vindictive. Wesley may be cute, but that’s all we like about him so far.
Why he might not be “A”: It’s hard to imagine how he would have known Alison (Sasha Pieterse). And he’s been on the show so little that it might be a bit of a letdown for him to be on the “A” team.
4. Aria Montgomery Why she might be “A”: We wonder whether the person holding the blowtorch at the end is Aria, since Aria was the Liar who was last in possession of the red coat. And her argument with Spencer (Troian Bellisario) — when Spence is heating up food — suggests that both Spencer and Aria are capable of turning on her friends. Let the woman eat her microwavable meal in peace, Aria!
Why she might not be: If Aria is “A,” it wouldn’t really make sense for “A” to have tricked Spencer until telling Ezra (Ian Harding) about his son, would it? Then again, Toby (Keegan Allen) has done a pretty good job of fooling us all into believing he really cared for Spencer, so maybe Aria is doing the same with Ezra.
3. CeCe Drake Why she might be “A”: CeCe (Vanessa Ray) had previously warned Emily about Paige’s feud with Alison — so then why wouldn’t CeCe have also warned Spencer about Toby and Ali’s animosity, too? Perhaps CeCe didn’t mention anything because she and Toby are working together.
Why she might not be: As with Wesley, CeCe hasn’t been on the show a lot. Plus, CeCe sometimes seems like more of a candidate to have killed Ali than to be on the “A” team. Of course, the one thing no one can deny is that CeCe is trouble in someway.
2. Spencer Hastings Why she might be “A”: At one point during the episode, Spencer says she doesn’t care what “happens” to Ali, but then she corrects herself and says “happened.” It’s as if she knows something about Ali being alive, which the “A” team would presumably know. Plus, Spencer blabbing to Ezra about his son seems like something “A” would have done, right?
Why she might not be: Granted, Spencer seems very broken up about the knowledge that Toby is on the “A” team, but we wonder if she’s just faking it. And considering it’s hard to believe Toby could have been on the “A” team all this time without Spence knowing it, we’re inclined to believe she did know — and that they were working together. Love makes you do strange things.
1. Alison DiLaurentis Why she might be “A”: We got even more clues about Ali being alive this week! The blowtorch hand seems likely to belong to Ali, given the red coat and choice of nail polish. Plus, Spencer’s “happens”/“happened” slip-up is a hint that Ali’s alive, too. This is just too much for us not to put Ali in the top spot again.
Why she might not be: Given all we know, there isn’t much reason to doubt Ali being “A.” You know what they say: If the (high-heeled) shoe fits...