Game of Thrones fans know Jerome Flynn best as Tyrion’s wisecracking pal Bronn, but, much like on the show, there’s a lot going on under the surface. Here are five facts about Jerome that even the most ardent GoT fan might not know.
1. He was a pop star. Jerome made up one half of the British pop duo “Robson and Jerome” in the 90s, and it was none other than Simon Cowell who helped the two get their start. An amazing photo of the duo can be seen here.
2. His family’s full of actors. Jerome isn’t the only Flynn to be bitten by the acting bug. His father Eric, and brothers Daniel and Johnny, have all appeared in various movies and television shows.
3. He’s a vegetarian. A lifestyle choice that would no doubt shock the ruthless Bronn, the real-life Jerome eschews meat in favor of fruits and veggies.
4. He spent 8 years in a cult. Jerome abandoned fame at the height of Robson and Jerome’s popularity to move into a commune devoted to the religious sect of guru Andrew Cohen, whom Jerome allegedly viewed as a Christ-like figure, before becoming disillusioned with the movement and returning to acting.
5. He calls GoT fans “Throneys.” In what should be the standard term for a GoT fan, Jerome has used the term “Throney” on a number of occasions. At New York Comic Con, he says, “I’ve become a bit of a ‘Throney’ myself,” and in an interview with IFTN, he says of the writer for his new series, Ripper Street, “The writer was a big Throney.” Throneys unite!
Sources: Wikipedia, IMDb, The Daily Mail, Tor.com, IFTN
" alt="Who is Jerome Flynn? Five Things to Know About the Game of Thrones Star" class="image-fit">