Who is John Bradley? Five Things to Know About the Game of Thrones Star
Game of Thrones fans know John Bradley best as the bright but cowardly Samwell Tarly, but, much like on the show, there’s a lot going on under the surface. Here are five facts about John that even the most ardent GoT fan might not know.
1. He’s from West-eros. At least that’s what his name implies. While credited as John Bradley, John was actually born John Bradley-West. We can only assume his love of East Coast rap was the reason for the change (probably not true).
2. His sister is much older than he is. John has just one sibling, but the two of them didn’t have your typical sister-brother relationship, mainly because his sister is 13 years his senior!
3. He plays the drums. We wonder if he’s ever had a jam session with fellow GoT actor and Coldplay drummer, Will Champion?
4. He was still in school when he got the part of Sam. John hadn’t even graduated from drama school at Manchester Metropolitan University, and the GoT audition was the first audition he went for. Talking about getting a jumpstart on your career!
5. He’s been too funny in the past. While we know Sam provides some comic relief on GoT, John is also a natural comedian. He says, “My tutors at drama school commended and criticised my use of comedy in my acting for a long time at drama school. They said I had a tendency to somehow perform the most tragic of scenes in a slightly flippant way.” Tutors or no tutors, we like John’s style!