All of the characters on Scandal have secrets upon secrets, and that's certainly true of the woman currently known as Quinn Perkins. But while she plays a murderess in training on TV, in real life actress Katie Lowes is just a regular gal — without all the hidden violent tendencies.
So, who is the woman who brings Quinn to life? We've collected five fun facts about Katie Lowes so you can get to know her a little better.
1. She sings, too! Katie isn't just an actress — she's a singer, and has been "for as long as she can remember." Check her out singing alongside singer Sam Shelton here.
2. She went to Tisch. Katie attended NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, one of the best and most grueling arts colleges in the country. No wonder she sells those torture scenes so well!
3. She's married to an actor. In 2012, Katie married fellow actor Adam Shapiro, who you may know from 1600 Penn or Betrayal. He was also in Scandal Season 2, Episode 12 ("Truth or Consequences") where he played none other than Katie's on-screen boyfriend from when "Quinn" was still Lindsay Dwyer. You know, the one that got blown up.
4. She's been on TV for 10 years. 2014 marks Katie's first full decade as a TV star — her first role was on Rescue Me in 2004.
5. She's naturally a fast talker. When asked about having to get out Scandal's rapid-fire dialogue, Katie said that she's actually naturally a very fast talker, and has been told to talk slower her entire life, so this was a nice change of pace for her.
Did you learn something new about Katie Lowes or do you know something we don’t? Tell us in the comments below!
Sources: IMDB, Katie Lowes Official Site