Newcomer Margot Robbie may not have been a Golden Globe winner, but she definitely won the award for best red carpet debut. The 23-year-old Wolf of Wall Street star stunned in a tight Gucci dress with a high slit. Seriously, could she be any hotter?
Now that Margot has our attention, let’s take a look at the young Aussie actress behind the pretty face — and the sky-high slit. If you don’t already know who Margot Robbie is, you better get to know her name, because this girl has It Girl status in her sights.
1. She worked at Subway. Before she got her big Hollywood break, Margot worked as a “sandwich artist” at Subway making sure that hungry twentysomethings everywhere ate fresh. As for her favorite Subway sandwich? It’s the BLT.
She recently told The Daily Beast: “I can’t go there now though because when I watch someone else make my sub they just don’t put as much care as I would, so I want to jump over the counter and tell them, ‘You’re ruining it! You’re not spreading it out nicely and everything!’”
2. She’s a fan of Titanic… but not the film. Margot got to makeout with Leonardo DiCaprio on the big screen, but unlike most women her age, she doesn’t have the same fascination with Leo’s breakout film as her besties do. But she does, however, have an obsession with the actual Titanic. It turns out she’s the perfect combination of beauty and brains!
“I was absolutely obsessed with Titanic — but not the movie, the actual boat,” she told The Daily Beast. “I’d draw diagrams of it and everything and theorized that if it was built a different way, it wouldn’t have sunk. But seeing the movie really traumatized me. It was the first sad movie I saw — when I was 8 years old—and it upset me so much I could never watch it again until two years ago.”
3. She got her start on Pan Am. After moving to the U.S. in 2010, Margot’s first big break came when she was cast as Laura Cameron in the short-lived ABC drama, Pan Am. It’s a good thing that didn’t work out!
4. You might also know her from… About Time. Sure, it was a blink-and-you-miss-it role, but Margot played Rachel McAdams’ slutty friend in 2013’s most heartfelt romantic comedy, About Time.
5. Expect to see a whole lot more of Margot in 2014. She’s set to appear in three more films in 2014: Violent Talent, Focus, and Suite Française. Honestly, we can’t wait to see more of this blond bombshell!
Crystal Bell is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment and our resident fangirl for all things Pretty Little Liars. Follow her on Twitter and Google+!