Now that we finally know who Mark Gatiss will be playing on Game of Thrones Season 4, we should really familiarize ourselves with the actor. The nerd cred is strong in this one, so we’re anticipating Mark to be a great addition to the cast.
Here are five things to know about Mark Gatiss!
1. He created Sherlock. Mark is the co-creator and co-star of BBC’s hit series, Sherlock, which is a modern take on the classic detective. In addition to creating and acting on the show, Gatiss also writes for it. Actually, Gatiss writes a lot...
2. He’s written for Doctor Who. Gatiss has penned a total of six episodes for the classic British Sci-Fi show, spanning from 2006-2013. Gatiss has also appeared on the show as various characters, continuing his tradition of acting in shows he writes for. Might he also write an episode of GoT during his tenure?
3. He’s a comedian. Mark is a member of the sketch comedy group The League of Gentlemen. The group had their own TV series in Britain and also released a movie, Apocalypse, in 2005. Is there anything this guy hasn’t done?
4. He’s written a novel series. While not quite as expansive as A Song of Ice and Fire, Mark has written a trilogy of novels featuring his spy character Lucifer Box. The books are titled, respectively, The Vesuvius Club, The Devil in Amber, and Black Butterfly. So he’s an actor, screenwriter, comedian, novelist... Next we’ll probably find out he performs in old-fashioned radio plays!
5. He performs in old-fashioned radio plays. Gatiss is a frequent collaborator with BBC Radio on a number of their productions, including the horror series The Man in Black, where Gatiss filled the role of a storyteller introducing some spooky yarns. If they ever bring the show back, he should tell the tale of the Red Wedding. There’s nothing scarier than that!
Are you a fan of Mark Gatiss? Share your thoughts in the comments below.