We’re down to the final five on Dancing With the Stars Season 18, Week 9, with the Semifinalists each performing two individual dances on Monday, May 12.
It’s American Icons Week, featuring songs by pop music icons from Elvis Presley to Beyoncé. There will also be a big Macy’s Stars of Dance routine, and Derek Hough told AfterBuzz it will feature 28 different dancers. ABC added that the unique performance, choreographed by Derek and Christopher Scott of So You Think You Can Dance, will be a tribute to classic Hollywood, featuring Derek and Disney Channel’s Jessica Lee Keller from Teen Beach as the leads. The piece’s 26 additional dancers will include a variety of DWTS pros.
This week’s guest judge is producer, director, and choreographer Kenny Ortega (Michael Jackson’s This Is It, High School Musical), who has guest judged So You Think You Can Dance a few times and who is directing the upcoming Dirty Dancing movie, which a couple of our pros expressed interest in, way back when.
Here’s the Monday night dance card:
• Charlie White and Sharna Burgess — Foxtrot and Samba
• Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas — Viennese Waltz and Jazz
• Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy — Viennese Waltz and Jive
• James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd — Rumba and Cha-Cha-Cha
• Amy Purdy and Derek Hough — Update: Quickstep and Jazz
Which routines are you most excited to see? And which four couples will make it to the Finals?
DWTS Season 18 airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.