Fox just released a sneak peek of this fall's The X Factor, and It. Looks. AWESOME.
The clip opens on a bizarro world featuring a sweet and fluffy Simon Cowell — in a pink sweater, no less! — praising a homely little girl who straight-up can’t sing. Just as you begin to fear that Mr. Nasty has actually turned into Mr. Sunshine, Simon wakes from his nightmare to show viewers what they can really expect when the series premieres this fall.
Guns 'N' Roses' "Live and Let Die" blares as the four judges — Simon, Paula Abdul, Nicole Scherzinger, and L.A. Reid — step off a private plane and into the fast-paced action. From Simon's cutting remarks to spurned-contestant drama, The X Factor is sure to lure viewers with oodles of juicy moments.
What you'll see:
1. Simon is back with his trademark insults. "That was horrific," he snarls. "Absolute, total rubbish," he tells another contestant. "You are talented, but you are deluded." Oh Simon, we've missed you.
2. Paula is fierce. From a physical hissy fit with Simon to sassing the audience, Paula will take no prisoners this season.
3. And the emotional judge is… Nicole, who's already shed a few tears just in the sneak peek.
4. L.A. might make you cry. Early reports suggested L.A. would be the meanest judge on the panel, and the preview backs this claim. "I want to slit my wrist," he tells a contestant as Nicole looks on in near shock.
5. Pepsi and Chevrolet are the new Coca-Cola and Ford. American Idol's product placement was always very obvious, and X Factor shouldn't be too different. We're already dreading the cringe-worthy contestant-led Chevrolet ads that are sure to come.
The X Factor premieres Wednesday September 21 on Fox. Don't miss it!