Zola’s First Steps! OMG Moments From Grey’s Anatomy Season 8, Episode 11
Though it may not have seemed like too much happened in this episode, we OMG’d at least 5 times. Here are our top 5:
5. Bailey moves in It was surprising enough that Bailey (Chanda Wilson) and Ben were already back together. Seriously, last episode, Bailey merely told Ben that he could sit closer to her. We didn't realize that was code for "you can be my boyfriend again." And then in this episode, she starts moving her stuff in. Boy, it must be love.
4. Zola's first steps Do we even have to elaborate? The only thing cuter than Zola and her adorable smile is Zola and her adorable smile up on two feet and in motion! Too bad Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) and Derek (Patrick Dempsey) didn't get their act together to record the moment on tape. It's a good thing they're talented surgeons because they're rubbish as documentarians.
3. Richard plays Alex When we say that Richard (James Pickens Jr.) played Alex (Justin Chambers), we mean Richard played Alex like a fool. First he snaps up Alex's starring role in the baby-bisection, then plays the I'm-pitiful-and-old card so that Alex feels bad and gives up the transplant, then shames Alex for falling for his ploy. Old man got game!
2. Lexie shows her hand You know who doesn't have game, though? Lexie (Chyler Leigh). We can't blame her for thinking that Mark (Eric Dane) was being sappy with her because we've all been there: you think someone's talking to you only to realize that they're talking to the tiny Bluetoothy thing on their ear. Lexie's mistake, however, was responding way too enthusiastically. Guess she's over Jackson (Jesse Williams)!
1. April flips out It takes some serious balls for a resident to yell at an attending, and yet April (Sarah Drew) was riled up enough to explode at Teddy (Kim Raver). Too bad her outburst was utterly ineffectual: Teddy just coldly stared her down and then kept on demanding storytime from Cristina (Sandra Oh).
Catch next week’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday, January 19 at 9pm ET/PT on ABC.