Johnnie Walker is a Premium whisky brand founded by John Walker in 1820 in Kilmarnock, Scotland. In his Early days, Johnnie Walker Managed a small grocery shop, But Slowly by 1825, he began selling his own blended malt whiskies in the store.
The whiskies were very popular with local customers, but because he didn’t have any Brand names, he sold them on an Order basis. A year later John Walker did begin blending his own whiskies and old with his Branding “Walker’s Kilmarnock Whisky”
After John Walker’s death in 1857, his son “Alexander ‘Alec’” took over the business and expanded It. Currently Produced by the Popular Alcoholic Beverages company Diageo in Scotland, Johnnie Walker Sells More Than 223.7 Million bottles every year.
Blue label price in Delhi 2024
|Johnnie Walker Blue Label Blended Scotch Whisky 750ml
|Johnnie Walker Blue Label Blended Scotch Whisky 1000ml
|Johnnie Walker Blue Ghost And Rare Glenury Blended Scotch Whisky 750ml
Blue Label variants Available
The Johnnie Walker Blue Label is Available in two Different Types which are Johnnie Walker Blue Label Blended Scotch Whisky and Johnnie Walker Blue Label Ghost And Rare Blended Scotch Whisky.
Each of These variants has its own taste and characteristics. For example, the Johnnie Walker Blue Label Ghost and Rare Glenury edition is known for its fruity taste with hints of apricot and apple, as well as little Sweetness.
Whereas the Blue Label Blended Scotch Whisky has the taste and Flavours of hazelnut, honey, and Oranges. One can enjoy Both the Blue label whiskies based on Their own preferences and taste.
About Johnnie Walker Blue Label whisky
|Country of origin
Where to Buy Blue Label in Delhi
Premium Liquor Stores
- The Liquor Store: Known for its extensive collection of spirits.
- Tonique: A popular choice among Delhiites for premium liquor.
- Living Liquidz: Offers a wide range of imported and domestic spirits.
- The Leela: Offers exclusive allotments and occasional promotions.
- Taj Palace: A go-to place for luxury spirits.
- Oberoi and ITC Maurya: Known for their top-notch service and premium liquor collection.
- Delhi Airport: Offers the best prices due to lower taxes.
Factors Affecting Blue Label Prices in Delhi
- Import Duties: Significantly increase the price.
- Excise, VAT, and GST: Among the highest for Scotch whisky in Delhi.
Batch & Year
- Newer Batches: Generally priced higher.
- Commemorative Years: Special packaging can also affect the price.
- Premium Hotels and Bars: Prices are generally higher.
- Limited Editions: Like Ghost & Rare and Old Cask are priced higher.
Currency Exchange Rate
- USD-INR Exchange Rate: Affects the pricing as Scotch whiskies are imported.
Is Blue Label Worth Its Price in Delhi?
For whisky connoisseurs and collectors, Johnnie Walker Blue Label is often considered a prized bottle due to its bold flavors, smooth taste, and luxurious branding.
For Special Occasions
It can be a good buy for special occasions, gifting, or as an investment.
From a pure value perspective, it may not justify its price tag compared to many 18-year or 25-year single malt scotch brands available for less in Delhi’s liquor market.
Expert Tips on Enjoying Blue Label
The Right Glassware
- Glencairn Glass: Specifically designed for whisky, it enhances the aroma and overall drinking experience.
- Old Fashioned Glass: A classic choice for those who prefer their whisky on the rocks.
The Right Temperature
- Room Temperature: Ideal for enjoying the complex flavors.
- Chilled: Some prefer a slight chill, but avoid freezing as it dulls the flavors.
- Cheese: Blue cheese or aged cheddar complements the rich flavors.
- Dark Chocolate: Enhances the whisky’s fruity and spicy notes.
Whisky Trends in Delhi
The Rise of Craft Distilleries
- Local Brands: Delhi is seeing a rise in local craft distilleries offering unique blends.
- Sustainability: Many of these distilleries focus on sustainable practices, attracting a new generation of whisky drinkers.
Whisky Tastings and Events
- Whisky Lounges: Places like Whisky Samba and The Piano Man Jazz Club regularly host whisky tasting events.
- Festivals: Look out for annual whisky festivals that showcase both international and local brands.
Whisky and Technology
- Apps: There are several apps that help you track down rare whiskies, compare prices, and even offer tasting notes.
- Virtual Tastings: Due to the pandemic, many brands have moved to virtual tastings, making it easier for people to explore whiskies from the comfort of their homes.
When was Johnnie Walker Blue Label first introduced to the market?
Johnnie Walker Blue Label was first introduced in 1992 as a luxury offering positioned above their existing range of blended whiskies like Red Label, Black Label, and Gold Label. It was designed to cater to the discerning palate of whisky connoisseurs.
What sets Blue Label apart from other Johnnie Walker labels?
Blue Label is known for its exceptionally smooth and mellow taste, with notes of rich honey, dried fruit, and subtle smokiness.
It is crafted from a premium selection of rare and aged single malt and grain whiskies, making it the epitome of luxury and craftsmanship in the Johnnie Walker range.
Are there any special edition blends of Johnnie Walker Blue Label?
Yes, Johnnie Walker frequently introduces special edition blends and bottles. For example, in 2020, they announced a limited edition bottle of Blue Label to commemorate the 2020 Chinese New Year called “Year of the Tiger.”
Another special edition called “Legendary Eight” was released to celebrate the brand’s 200th anniversary.
What awards has Johnnie Walker Blue Label received?
Blue Label has received numerous awards, including double gold at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition in 2013, gold by the Scotch Whisky Masters in 2019, and gold in the International Spirits Challenge in 2020.
Who is the current master blender for Johnnie Walker, and what is their contribution to Blue Label?
As of fall 2021, Emma Walker is the first female master blender for Johnnie Walker. She has been with the company for 13 years and is responsible for the blends, although specific contributions to Blue Label were not mentioned.
Is Johnnie Walker Blue Label worth its high price tag?
The value of Blue Label is subjective and depends on individual preferences. It is considered worth it for hardcore Scotch fans who appreciate a smooth, complex, and luxurious blended whisky and have the disposable income to pay a premium price.
The Price of Blue Label whisky May Depends on Various Factors Like Local Taxes, Bottle Size, and the location where it is being sold. It will be good to check with Your Local Liquor Dealer to find the Most Accurate Price of Blue Label Price in Delhi.
Hope this Article, Answers all Your queries about Blue Label whisky, If You Have any other queries related to Pricing, Please Share them with us in the comment Section Below.
Also Read, Other popular whisky Prices in India